Helping the Food & Beverage industry ensure consumer safety
Atlantiumís Hydro-Optic Disinfectionô system helps food and beverage manufacturers produce safe products by providing unprecedented microbial inactivation, protecting products from harmful pathogens in water used throughout manufacturing processes.
Review the full list of the Hydro-Optic Disinfection systemís advantages.
As an essential part of many food and beverage production processes, water carries with it the potential for product contamination. Waterborne microorganisms present a serious, ongoing challenge to food and beverage manufacturers. Indeed, regulators strive to protect the food chain with increasingly stringent standards that demand high water quality.
Pathogenic microorganisms in water can lead to product contamination that can affect taste, odor and color, result in food spoilage, reduce shelf life and pose a danger to consumers. All these can inflict costly losses upon manufacturers and their brands which can be avoided by insisting on high water quality.
Multiple applications that ensure water quality
Atlantiumís environmentally-friendly Hydro-Optic Disinfection systems can play a central role in achieving high-quality, safe water in a variety of applications throughout the food and beverage production industry.
To develop the most appropriate pathogen-specific strategy, Atlantiumís in-house experts analyze needs and goals together with the manufacturer. Atlantium systems are incorporated into production to solve tough microbial problems that may threaten the product or brand.
Real-time monitoring: required dose consistently delivered
A fully automated monitoring system receives real-time readings of water flow rate and continuously measures the water's UV transmissivity and lamp intensity. Adjustments to the required disinfection dose are made to adapt to the fluctuating conditions, ensuring disinfection needs are met every hour of every day.
Moreover, the simple to maintain Atlantium system means less downtime and significantly contributes to production efficiency.
Atlantiumís Hydro-Optic Disinfection system is ideal for many Food and Beverage Industry applications:
- The Firewall application disinfects the plantís source water and protects against variability in the different source water types entering the plant
- The Product Water Disinfection application disinfects water that comes into direct contact with as an ingredient for food, beverage as well as for bottled water
- The Process Water Disinfection application makes sure that water used in production-related processes is free of microorganisms
- Non-Thermal Pasteurization replaces energy-intensive, heat pasteurization of water
- The Post-GAC Disinfection application can reduce (by half or more) the required frequency of cleaning granular-activated carbon (GAC) filters
Atlantiumís Hydro-Optic Disinfection solutions are used by some of the worldís largest food and beverage manufacturers, including soft drink producers, bottlers, breweries and canned food producers. Tested according to EPA protocols, Atlantiumís validated systems are pre-approved by the New York Health Department for use in the stateís bottled water plants.
Atlantiumís Food & Beverage customers leverage numerous direct and measurable benefits from their systems, such as:
- Higher water quality Ė ensuring consistent product quality
- Lower maintenance costs:
- Reduces pipe corrosion from lower chemical disinfectant use
- Reduces the need for frequent cleaning
- Lower disinfection energy costs, particularly pronounced with Atlantiumís non-thermal pasteurization application
- Lower operating costs due to decreased expenditures on chemical disinfectants
- Higher inherent product value for consumers who demand significantly reduced levels of chemicals in the production process
- Longer product shelf life due to microbe-free water