Atlantium's Hydro-Optic Disinfection™ system groundbreaking R-Series, introduced in 2005, is a versatile, compact solution, easily integrated into existing or new facilities. The R-Series systems set a new standard for water disinfection using ultraviolet (UV) light. With its unique configuration ensured to provide a uniform UV dose distribution, key to attaining high levels of microbial inactivation, the R-Series provides maximum disinfection performance in a full range of applications.
R-Series models (R-50, R-100, R-200 and PR-20) are designed and engineered to provide top disinfection results in a broad range of industrial and municipal settings and in a variety of applications.
The R-Series is full of features that bring important benefits to customers.
Greater disinfection performance gains high microbial inactivation levels
Low maintenance and reduced bio-fouling
UV lamps out of the water
Seven minute UV lamp change
Real-time monitoring and control component that sustains reliable performance
Atlantium's Hydro-Optic Disinfection systems provide unparalleled disinfection results combined with simple operation and maintenance.
Read the R-Series datasheet including technical specifications.
Uniform dose distribution is facilitated by quartz disinfection tube
- The quartz disinfection tube is designed according to the principle of Total Internal Reflection - and ensures UV light is reflected back into the water, leading to a uniform UV dose distribution, the key to reliable microbial inactivation.
- Unimpeded water flow in the quartz disinfection tube allows UV light to completely penetrate all the water, exposing all microbes to a uniform dose and inactivating them
Effective medium-pressure high intensity lamps
Atlantium's specially designed MPHI lamps are proven to deliver highly effective disinfection via different types of unrecoverable damage to microorganisms' reproduction mechanisms and viability
Protected UV lamps
The UV lamp is hermetically isolated from the water and maintained at appropriate operating temperatures. As a result, there is significantly reduced deposit formation and greater functional reliability.
Seven minute lamp change
Short (up to 30 cm / 12 in), custom-designed, Quick Connect UV lamps are changed in just 7 minutes using Atlantium's Lamp Replacement Tool. No need to shut the system down during the change.
Maximal microbial inactivation under all conditions
- Dual sensors for each UV lamp provide continuous measurement of water's UV transmissivity (clarity) and lamp intensity (temperature).
- Control software receives continuous readings of water flow rate
- Automated system adjusts required dose based on real-time measurements
Efficient energy consumption
Monitoring and Control software continuously calculates the UV dose required. Based on real-time measurements and required dose, degree of lamp intensity is automatically adjusted, ensuring energy is expended only on the dose required - not more.
Automatic tracking and reporting
Logging capabilities record dose, UV transmissivity, water flow and lamp intensity data; reports showing disinfection history and/or regulatory compliance are easily generated.